Here at Lilly Surveyors we provide professional guidance on all aspects of design and help you to obtain the planning permission that you require. We can also work to get listed building consent and building regulation approvals whilst seeking competitive tenders for your project. We’re also able to carry out contract administration of projects from inception to completion.
If you are planning to add an extension to your existing property, renovate your home, or carry out maintenance repairs, then we’re on hand to help. We have a vast range of experience, dealing with large and small residential properties, as well as commercial buildings. We’ve worked in various sectors including local authority, leisure and hotel industry, schools and medical services so will be able to accommodate your needs.
We have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of period, historic and listed buildings in Cornwall, including a keen grasp of the various construction techniques and materials used. We are passionate about retaining and preserving Cornwall’s local buildings and heritage, and will always give this priority within our design work.
Our service works as follows:
- Free consultation to discuss your proposal
- Outline of a full budget cost and programme
- Provision of full design
- Preparation of full specification
- We will carry out contract administration from inception to completion, managing the contractor, financial managements and doing any design amendments required
- We will gain statutory approval including planning and listed building consent and building control approval
- Management of third parties on your behalf, including environmental consultants, asbestos removal consultants and structural engineers
- Fulfilment of the principal designer role under the new CDM Regulations 2015 on most jobs depending on complexities.
- We then tender the works on your behalf to make sure you get the most competitive price
Lilly Surveyors will tailor a service to your needs, to ensure that you’re completely satisfied. We use the latest software including AutoCAD packages and carry out our service in line with the RIBA design stages 2013. We can also carry out the following as standalone services, subject to your requirements:
- Provision of an architectural draftsman, for all detailed and technical designs
- We can gain planning or listed building approval for you as well as retrospectively
- We can gain building regulation approval on your behalf
- We can carry out measured surveys
- Conversion of drawings to CAD
- Assistance in obtaining a statutory consent
- Management of your work on site (see contract administration service in other services)
- Provision of specialist advice on listed buildings, including legislation information and liaison with conservation officers
We pride ourselves on the providing a complete, bespoke service for our clients, making your projects run as quickly and smoothly as possible.